Surgical Scrub Sinks
Surgical Scrub Sinks, manufactured by Continental Metal Products are the right size for your Hospital, Operating Room, Ambulatory Surgical Center ( ASC ) and Emergency room. CMP designs, manufactures and customizes Surgical Sinks to provide durability and ease of use, while protecting your OR from risks of contamination.
CMP’s high-quality Stainless Steel Surgical Scrub Sinks offer’
- hands-free operation via either
- manual, knee-kick panels,
- electronic eye infra red sensor or
- programmable automatic timer.
- CMP’s Surgeons’ Scrub Sink is available in a single compartment, double compartment or triple compartment models.
- A plexiglass divider is standard on two and three station models. Integrated into the design is an optional electronic sensor operated, touch-free soap dispenser or manual knee operated soap dispenser.
Most Models IN STOCK
Custom 28″ , 48″ , 79″ wide Surgical Scrub Sink Models
- 1, 2, 3 and 4 station scrub sink sizes
- Stainless Steel Construction of medical grade 304 Stainless Steel
- Removable Plexiglass Splash screen divider Bay Panels standard
- Adjustable Thermostatic Mixing Valve
- Available in One, Two, or Three, Bay Sizes
- Extra small scrub sink models available in 28 inches and 48 inches
- Automatic Timer, Knee-operated or Electronic Infra-Red sensor
- Knee Operated Soap Dispenser Option
- Touch-free Electronic Infra-Red Sensor Operated Soap Dispenser Option
- Digital Timer, Eyewash Options
- Pedestal Base or Chair Carrier wall mounted
- Optional Wall Mounted Stainless Steel Storage Shelf Assembly to fit over Scrub Sinks
- Optional Emergency Eyewash – meets ANSI Z358.1-2014 safety requirement
- Light Module with Florescent Light Assembly to fit under Storage Shelf
- Custom Sizes Available
- Anti-Splash Tub with deep basins
- ADA compliant scrub sink available
- Optional Laminar Flow Faucet Head – Provides splash free laminar stream
- Meets stringent requirements and are approved by Massachusetts Board of Registration of plumbers and Gas Fitters
Continental Metal Products’ Stainless Steel Surgical Scrub Sinks meet all requirements for appropriate Performance of Surgical Hand Scrubs.
Surgical Scrub Sinks Available with Optional Laminar Flow Shower Head:
-Provides splash free laminar flow stream
-Pressure compensating for constant flow
-Unbreakable single piece insert for longer life
-Recommended for use in medical facilities to prevent airborne bacteria from entering the water stream
- Width: 32″, 63″, 94″, or 120″ (813 mm, 1600 mm, 2388 mm, or 3048 mm)
- Customized Small Widths: 28′ , 48″ or 79″
- Depth: 26” (standard), 27 ¼” (660 mm, 692 mm)
- Height: 38” (standard), 38 ¾“ (965 mm, 984 mm)
- Custom Widths: 28′ (1-bay), 48″ ( 2-bay) 79″ (3-bay)
Wall hung Stainless Steel Surgical Scrub Sink is supported by two or more chair carriers, supplied by others (optionally available from CMP). Alternatively, a stainless steel pedestal base may be ordered for supporting the freestanding sink from the floor.
Service connections required are a 3/4″ I.P.S. hot water and a 3/4″ I.P.S. cold water feed and 2″ I.P.S. waste for each bay.
- All Models (per bay)
- ¾” IPS Hot Water (120 – 140°F @ 45 – 70 PSI) – 1/2 ” supply lines are acceptable
- ¾” IPS Cold Water (40 – 70°F @ 45 – 70 PSI) – 1/2 ” supply lines are acceptable
- 2” IPS Drain
- Electronic Models with sensor
- 120V, 60HZ, 1PH, 2 Amps (hard wired)
- Automatic Models with digital timer
- Provide 120V, 60HZ, 1PH electrical outlet per bay
- Models with optional digital timer
- Provide 120V, 60HZ, 1PH electrical outlet per bay
- Units are also available for 220/240V, 50/60HZ
Surgical Scrub Sink Construction
Continental Metal Products Stainless Steel Surgical Scrub Sinks are constructed of 16 gauge, type 304 stainless steel with horizontal and vertical corners coved to a ¼” radius. All corners are to be welded and all welds ground and polished to match No. 4 finish. Sinks shall have a sloping basin to eliminate backsplash. Each station shall be equipped with a 2” IPS stainless steel drain, anti-splash gooseneck faucet, built-in flow control, and removable plexiglass partition to isolate each bay. The Shower head is easily removable for proper cleaning. The outer enclosure is constructed of 18 gauge stainless steel and shall have removable stainless steel access panels. Soap bottle shelf shall be located behind panels when an optional soap dispenser pump is specified.
An exposed removable control panel shall be located above the sink on the slope portion behind each faucet. The water-tight control panel shall be a non-corrosive material bonded with a black satin-finished fascia with temperature settings and silkscreen markings. A thermal non-electric (no-shock) adjustable mixing valve with a pressure-balancing control panel for maintaining constant water temperature shall be mounted behind the control panel with the chrome-plated temperature adjusting handle and dial exposed through the control panel. The mixing valve shall be provided for a selection of water temperatures up to 115°F. Preset high limit stops shall prevent water flow in excess of 115°F. Electronic and Automatic models contain solenoids for water control which are accessible behind the control panel.
Manual Surgical Scrub Sinks (AS models) contain a water flow control valve behind the front panel labeled “WATER”. The valve is turned “on” with moderate knee pressure applied at any point against the front panel and turned “off” upon the second application of knee pressure to the panel. Each bay is completely inter-piped.
Electronic Surgical Scrub Sinks (E Models) contain an infrared sensor to control water flow. The scrub cycle is activated when the operator stands within range of the electronic sensor located below the water spout. Tempered water flows for as long as the operator stays within the sensor’s range. The sensor has a four-second delay (standard, can be customer determined) before turning off to avoid stop/start conditions if the operator briefly leaves the sensor’s range. If the sensor malfunctions, it can be replaced in as little as ten minutes. The sensor will also continue to operate error-free if the sensor screen is not cleaned periodically. Each bay shall be individually inter-piped and inter-wired to the solenoid, control module sensor, and 24VAC transformer. Multiple bay units shall be wired to a common junction box requiring only one electrical connection to the sink.
Automatic Surgical Scrub Sinks (A Models) contain a digital timer to control water flow. The scrub cycle is activated by
pressing the 1, 3, 5, or 10-minute cycle pad followed by the start button. Digital time is displayed in minutes and seconds as time elapses. The solenoid valve will open and allow tempered water to flow for the selected cycle period. An audible buzzer sounds for two seconds indicating the end of the scrub cycle. The digital timer also contains an “abort” button to terminate the scrub cycle prematurely.
Scrub Sinks are supported by in-wall chair carriers or a stainless steel pedestal base. The Scrub Sink is to be installed with front rim of sink 39 ¼“ and bottom of sink 16” above the floor.
Surgical Scrub Sink Dimensions and Sizes
Surgical Scrub Sink Available Options
CMP is happy to configure your scrub sinks to meet your unique requirements